The ABECAS™ Insight Ranch and Farm Management Software provides all the tools for full operations management and accounting management for larger and more complex farm operations, including:
- Row, field, tree, sod, and specialty crops
- Fish farms
Activity Based Costing (ABC)
The heart of the system is Activity Based Costing (ABC), which allows all costs and revenue to be allocated to a cost center (or job), such as a field, crop, or lot, by the activity involved. You can quickly and easily see what activities make up an expense or revenue account and which accounts are involved.
ABECAS Insight Payroll
In farming, labor and equipment make up a large share of costs. The ABECAS Insight Payroll module allows labor hours and/or pieces to be entered for all employees by cost center, account, and activity. This can be by individual or by crew.
In addition, equipment usage associated with employees can be entered and allocated along with production or performance information.
Calculate everything related to payroll:
- Bonus pay
- Minimum wages
- All employee deductions and reimbursements
- Employer contributions
- Employee accruals (vacation, sick leave, other)
If an outside payroll service is used to pay employees and handle taxes, it still usually makes sense to use the Payroll module, but to transfer the summary payroll amounts to the service.
Ranch and Animal Operations
In ranch and animal operations, the animals, feed, and professional services often make up a large share of costs. Allocate costs in real-time from your supplies inventory. Use the Payroll module to allocate related labor and equipment costs.
Additional Ranch and Farm Management Software Modules:
Various other modules can be included as part of our Ranch and Farm Management Software.
- Production Management Software is a valuable resource for understanding operations and researching variations in performance.
- Purchase Orders and Inventory Management can be used to track supplies, orders, and allocation of supplies.
- Equipment and Facilities Management can be used to schedule preventive maintenance and to track repairs and all expenses, including fuel, by item. If an over-the-road fleet is involved, this module also provides International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) fuel tax reporting.
- Human Resources can be used to track applicants, the hiring process, training, drug testing, medicals, violations, accidents, and more. The system supports both accrual- and cash-basis financial accounting concurrently with cost accounting working off the accrual records. If production needs to be capitalized, procedures are available to automatically transfer costs to a work-in-process account.
- Account Receivables Software or the Sales Order-Inventory modules can handle all things related to sales.
- Cost Accounting software tracks quantities as well as amounts, which can easily and accurately be included in your reports. In addition, multiple divisors are available to express quantities and amounts in per-unit terms, such as per acre and per hundredweight. Cost centers can be grouped in various ways in the reports to allow summary comparisons.
Contact Argos Today
Reach out to learn more and talk with one of our experts about our flexible and modular software. Within a few questions, we can help narrow down the options to prioritize the modules that will have the most significant, positive impact on your operations, so you can see success early. Contact Argos today.