Inventory Management (IM) software is a core function of the ABECAS Insight WMS, Wholesale Nursery, and Enterprise systems. Tracking product from pre-receipt to sale or shipment is a vital component of any business operation that makes, warehouses, and/or distributes goods, and the software is designed to facilitate that task.
Inventory management software provides location control, product status, and visibility to customers while supporting sub-lot or serial number traceability, both real-time and for historical review.
- Location management, utilizing either RF technology or paper-based controls, is handled in an ‘enter least’ manner. This can mean a ‘never enter’ EDI-driven receipt and RF putaway or an ‘enter once’ paper process. Either way, the software will deliver accuracy and labor-saving efficiency. The IM module supports location numbering the way the user prefers to configure it and allows pick-paths independent of the location sequencing to support straight line, ‘U’ picks, or whatever sequencing makes the most sense for your facility.
- Replenishment is handled at the primary location or order wave levels, allowing replenishment activity that coincides with demand, without risking overstocking of slots or stock-outs during the pick task.
- Picking can be done discretely, by batch, zone, or multiple discrete order methods or any combination of methods from either static or floating pick slots. Slow-moving items can be batch picked to clean from reserve locations without requiring valuable primary pick real estate
- Order Management using FIFO (First In First Out), LIFO (Last In First Out), FEFO (First Expiry First Out), or Specified Lot order fulfillment are all catered for. Product status is maintained at the Future, Pending, Available, Committed, and Unavailable (Quarantine, Reserved, Damaged, etc.) level and tracking is at the Lot, Sub-Lot, Serial Number, or Unit level with relationships established between Pallets, Shippers, Inners, and Items.
- Physical Inventory Integrity Management using cycle counting (location range and/or product-driven) or full stock takes is also handled by the system in the way you need it done, from visible verification (location, product, and quantity displayed for confirmation) to blind or double-blind counts.
>> Back to All Modules