Many WMS’s promote themselves as being 3PL Software Systems. Having a system that supports inventory management along with Order processing is not enough. True Third Party Logistics Software systems need much more. A system designed for a private warehouse will not provide the billing nor adequately handle the needs for value adding product not owned by you. Reporting needs are different and the requirements to capture and display KPI’s or provide process visibility exceed those of a Distributor.
- Transactions and Storage Billing is an integral component of ABECAS Insight by Argos Software. These charges are the key differentiator between the Public and Private Warehouse sectors. While meeting the inventory and cost management requirements common to all warehouses ABECAS Insight has the additional functionality required by the 3PL at its core.
- Transaction charges are as variable as the customer is. Whether the 3PL warehouse charges for common items such as In and Out transactions or for complex Value Added tasks like assembly and kitting, Argos Software has the capability to bill accurately for those services.
- A two level deep BOM (Bill Of Material) supports kitting and Assembly, handling both the Inventory Management and charging impacts with minimal entry requirements.
- Storage Charges can also be addressed in the way the Customer requires, with Bill Ahead, Bill Behind, Free Days, Grace Periods and unique requirements handled. If you wish to charge the customer by a combination of area, item and location driven calculations then Argos Software with ABECAS Insight has the functionality you need.
- With a fully integrated Accounting Software Module, Insight will ensure that charges are captured automatically and transferred to the AR component without the need for re-keying. Insight can also present data for import to your Business Software (or your Customer’s) should you chose to use external systems for these functions.
- Cost Accounting is also a critical component of operating profitably as a 3PL. Activity Based Costing is there for the asking.
Whether you are in the Distribution, Temperature Controlled, Hazardous Materials or Value Added Service Provider space, ABECAS Insight is the right solution for your 3PL operation.
Subscribe for updates
P: 559.227.1000 | F: 559.227.9644