The Service Management Software module is a powerful and flexible tool for managing service related activities from receiving, assigning and managing service requests to the billing associated with these services. This billing may be based on services provided, measured usage of services and/or fixed periodic charges. It integrates with the rest of ABECAS™ Insight, including customers, workers, accounting, and takes advantage of the tools available, including dashboards, task agent and handheld devices.
The Service Management Software module seamlessly serves two broad industry segments.
- Service Providers where services are performed based on a routine schedule or based on ad hoc requests. These services are often covered under a service agreement where there is a periodic billing. Or, they may be billed as services are rendered. This is well suited to all service providers from landscapers and companies servicing equipment … to companies supporting their customers from a call center.
- Water Utilities where the billing for measured services is required along with the ability to service customers. This is particularly well suited to both domestic and irrigation water companies where meters are used to measure consumption. Billing rates may be tiered based on usage where different rates apply to each tier. For irrigation companies, flow rates may be converted to usage and billed.
The Service Request Management component allows requests to be received over the web, imported, entered by an operator, or automatically generated based on a service schedule. Requests can be prioritized based on the customer’s expectations as well as by company policy. These requests may be assigned to a support worker individually or in groups … or, simply handled by the operator. In each case, added details, expectations and priority can be added to the request as it is passed to the worker. All open requests can be managed by priority, status, worker, and more. All contact and work details can be recorded as the request is serviced. Management reporting is available on all activity performed. This can be further enhanced by dashboard panels related to exception alerts and the tracking of key performance indicators (KPI’s).
The Service Billing component comprises fixed, usage and service charges. The Service Unit can be set up as an address, an individual, a piece of equipment, and so on with one or multiple Service Units being associated with a single Bill To Party. Each Service Unit can also be associated with the party being serviced, often a user or resident.
- The fixed charges can be set to apply based on a wide array of factors and for any interval. The rate tables can be single rates or tiered. Taxes and other charges can be applied
- The usage charges are based on meter readings or calculated consumption. The rate tables can be single rates, tiered and/or comprise a mix of fixed and usage charges. Taxes and other charges can be applied.
- The service charges are based on the services provided, as reported by the worker, or based on a pre-set rate. If inventories are consumed in the service, then the service charges are billed through the Sales module.
P: 559.227.1000 | F: 559.227.9644