Please send your resume to:
Argos Software develops, markets and supports enterprise level business software with a primary focus on agri-business, logistics and supply chain companies. The core of the system is a full financial and cost accounting (Activity Based Costing) system. Our market space is mid-sized companies and organizations that have grown beyond Quick Books and where Tier One products are not affordable or appropriate.
Job Description: Customer Service Representative
Location: Fresno, CA
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Deliver top-level customer support to Argos Customers using our computer software applications in the transportation, warehousing and wholesale nursery industries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Field and log incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Provide customers written and verbal feedback on issue resolution and status.
- Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, and custom configuration.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Communicate application problems and issue escalation to IT management.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing changes across the enterprise.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software application training programs and individual classes.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software builds under development or consideration for purchase.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Provide on-call technical support as needed
- Provide prompt, courteous customer service at all times following the company’s customer service standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Computer program certificate preferred; or two (2) to four (4) years information technology related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Power Point, Access) and Windows 2000/XP in a business environment. In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications. Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills are required.
- A college degree in business, or other appropriate and related field, is required, unless otherwise waived by Executive Management as based on determined experience and accomplishments.